Let me tell you what life’s been like for me until this year: I’ve been white-knuckling it.
We’re talking late nights, no rest, not taking care of my body. And let me tell you what, it’s not the way to go. But I had two major shifts happen at the end of last year that opened my eyes.
Two Major Moments
Moment #1: I was listening to the Gold Digger podcast with Jenna Kutcher and she talked about batching your work. Batching means devoting a certain amount of time to accomplishing one task. I’ve been applying this to my work and it’s made a huge difference in my efficiency and energy output. For example, I devoted January to just producing and recording this podcast and because of that, you’re going to have consistent episodes coming your way. I’ve been using Monday.com as an organizing system for my business and now that I have me and my whole team using the service to know about upcoming deadlines, tasks and more, batching’s even more doable.
Moment #2: You know how you can hear something 100 times but it’s not until the 101st time that it actually clicks? That’s what happened while I was listening to Amy Porterfield’s podcast Online Marketing Made Easy. The episode I was listening to was “7 Things You Must Do When Planning 2019 (My Best Revenue Boosting Ideas).” In the episode, she said…
Who do you need to be to hit the finish line? You have to show up different and be a different person than you were in 2018 to hit your goals in 2019. If you made 100K last year, how does a person who made 500K show up? We all have to do something because we can’t keep doing what we are doing and expect different results.
We have to do something different if we want different results. Read that one more time. We have to do something different if we want different results. Read it again and let it sink in! That alone made me realize I have to do something different in 2019 to become the person I want to become and have the businesses I want to have.
How I’m Showing Up Differently in 2019
- I’m growing my own team because I want my company to grow. I’ve gone as far as I can solo and the truth is, I can’t afford not to hire people. I’m getting so much more work done now that I have a team behind me.
- I need to create new habits to not be so exhausted. I’m now very strict about going to bed at 10 p.m. and waking up early. I’m valuing my sleep so I can show up better for my life. I honor and respect my body enough to go to sleep on time.
- I need to actually market my brand so people know about it. I’ve been so frustrated in the past by people not knowing about my businesses – but I wasn’t putting any effort into marketing. So 2019 is the year of marketing and growing.
- I’m hitting my fitness goals this year. I’ve put so much energy into growing my companies but it’s vital that I show up physically as well. I now have an appointment on my calendar everyday between 5-6 a.m. to go to the gym. This is just as important as any other meeting on my calendar that day and I will not cancel it. I also downloaded the GroupMe app where I can group chat with others without sharing phone numbers. I started a group for Cove and would love to have you join it so we can give each other fitness support. Send me a DM on Instagram and I’ll you to it!
- I’m looking for coaching and mentorship programs. It’s vital that we keep growing and there are so many powerful programs out there to help us continue developing into the people we want to be. I just finished several, including Gabby Bernstein’s “Miracle Membership” program and it was fantastic.
What outcomes do you want this year? Share with me what you’re doing to do differently this year on Instagram and tag @WhatTheEffPodcast and @TaylorMorganDesign so I can see it and share it.
A little reminder that I’m doing a five-day priming challenge beginning Monday, April 29th! You can sign up right here to join. I’ll be going live with you and teaching you my 15-minute priming routine. If you don’t know about priming, it’s an amazing way to remove negative chatter from your mind and can help you manifest what you want in life.
I’d also love to hear your own “What the Eff” moments! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “What the Eff moments.” I’d love to share your moments on the show, so email away!
- Jenna Kutcher’s Gold Digger podcast episode “How to Batch Work (and Save Yourself Hours)”
- Need help getting organized? Try Monday.com
- Amy Porterfield’s Online Marketing Made Easy podcast episode “7 Things You Must Do When Planning 2019 (My Best Revenue Boosting Ideas)
- GroupMe App
- Gabby Bernstein’s “Miracle Membership” program
- Join the priming challenge!