CC Miller is a mother, turned photographer, turned accidental interior designer, turned young adult fiction author. The woman knows how to pivot and she does it well. If you are looking for that boost of motivation to stop waiting for the perfect moment, and just START already, CC is your girl. She knows how to follow her creative intuition and this episode is here to help you get in tune with yours.
- Just start – don’t worry about step 30, only worry about step 1
- Get comfortable in the uncomfortable and claim who you want to be, even before you truly feel comfortable owning it.
- If there’s something you’re passionate about, one thing, multiple things… if there’s something you can’t go a day without thinking about … that is your passion and you need to take the first step in pursuing it.
- There is no perfect moment to start and there is no perfect moment after you start
- At the end of your life, you’ll end up being more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the things you did do. Just DO them. It won’t be perfect, but you’ll regret it if you don’t.
- Your happiness is never going to be in the destination. The destination’s happiness expires. It’s right here and right now, and what can you do today to enjoy it.
- Looking forward is where you feel overwhelmed. Focus on today. Ask yourself what you need to do today.
- Stop being one dimensional and putting yourself in boxes. We are all multi-dimensional. Give yourself permission to pivot, and pivot multiple times.
- Some people are afraid to start because they’re afraid that they’ll never be quite as good at a new thing, as they may have been with something else in the past. Show up and just start. That IS your success.